These super cute and super fun Flip Flop Charms are sure to please! I came up with the idea as a sort of goodbye gift for my friend and Assistant Manager - I'm leaving to head back to Plymouth State University on Monday - Kali. They're so great, I couldn't resist sharing them with the rest of you.
What's The Plan, Stan?
We're gunna make these wicked sweet charms with scrabble tiles (yes, they seem to encompass most of my bead making ideas of late) but rather than the more traditional methods, we're going to decorated them using an embossed flip-flop stamp and acrylic paints.
- Scrabble Tiles
- Acrylic Paint (I used white, blue, yellow and red
- Glossy Accents
- Silver Ink
- Clear Embossing Powder
- Silver Pearl Ex Pigment
Tools of the Trade
- Drill and tiny bit (Just gotta love power tools!)
- Small paintbrush
- Flip Flop stamp (I was given mine a long time ago, so sadly, I have no clue where it came from)
- Heat Gun
- Drill Tiles
- Paint entire tile with white acrylic - careful around letter
- Stamp and Emboss
- Paint background, edges. Paint flipflop. May take several layers.
- When happy, allow to dry completely.
- Glossy Accents - DONT TOUCH FOR AT LEAST AN HOUR! Or you will be sorry. I was supposed to end up with two charms, thus make a pair of earrings. Instead I have a necklace pendant. You must consider yourself warned.
- On a lighter notes, once the Glossy Accents has dried to a hard surface, the charms are done and you can use them in your super fun beading projects. :)
- Your work could be pictured right here! Submit your own completed flip-flop charms to Creativity In A Nutshell via email : email@example.com. Feel Free to include plenty of pictures, new stuff you tried, sweet new ideas and suggestions.